U9 WOGHL 2022-2023 Year End Championship Tournament
Hosted by St. Marys Minor Hockey Association and the St.Marys Rock
The St. Marys Rock and St. Marys Minor Hockey Association welcome you to the U9 WOGHL 2022-2023 Year End Championship Tournament, taking place March 31 – April 2, 2023. This tournament is open to all WOGHL U9C and U9HL teams.
All teams will be guaranteed 3 games – all teams will have an equal number of games
All games will be played at the Pyramid Recreation Center, St. Marys
Tournament entry fee: $750 per team – all fees are due by March 3rd, 2023
Please email completed registration form to: [email protected]
Completed registration forms are due by 11:59pm on February 24th, 2023 to ensure your team’s entry into the tournament.
Payment in full is due by e-transfer to: [email protected]
Please reference your team’s name in the notes section of your e-transfer.
The above account has been set up or auto-deposit, therefore no password is required
Payment in full is due by 11:59pm on March 3rd, 2023 to ensure your team’s entry into the tournament.
All teams will be required to provide an approved team roster at the time of registration. Entries are not considered complete until all forms and full payment have been received.
U9 WOGHL Year End Championship Tournament Rules
Tournament hosted by St.Marys Minor Hockey Association
1. All Hockey Canada and OWHA rules apply.
2. The Tournament Convenor and Committee reserve the right to make decisions regarding the interpretation of the rules and regulations and as such all decisions by said Convenor or Committee are final.
3. All Referees calls are final.
4. All games will be stop time except when Mercy Rule is applied.
5. Games will consist of three (3) ten-minute periods. There will be no overtime periods within Round Robin play.
6. All games are to start at scheduled time even if prior game ends early. Please allow facility staff to check/clean rooms between games.
7. Each game time will include a three (3) minute warm up with the clock starting as soon as the Referees are on the ice. Teams are not to enter the ice surface without the presence of at lease one Referee/Linesman.
8. Home team is to wear white jerseys (exception: when a team does not have a white jersey)
A five (5) goal lead at any time during the third period will invoke the Mercy Rule which is as follows:
The clock will run straight time following the first face-off after the five goal lead and will continue to run unless the lead is reduced to less than five goals in which case stop time will be re-invoked. During straight time, two (2) minute minor penalties will be set at 3 minutes each while five (5) minute major penalties will be set at 7 minutes each.
Teams are allowed one (1) 30 second time out per game during regulation time (all games).
Tournament Schedule, Brackets and Placings
Tournament schedule will be announced after March 3rd, 2023, once final registration numbers are known. Point allocations per game, along with brackets and placings for teams following the 3-game round robin will be made available at that time.
Any Finals game which is tied at the end of regulation time will be subject to overtime.
1. A single five (5) minute stop time period of three (3) on three (3) hockey will be played with the first goal scored resulting in sudden victory.
2. Penalties assessed during the overtime will result in the non-offending team adding one player to create a four (4) on three (3) advantage. The penalized player may re-enter play when the infraction time has expired. Once the first stoppage in play occurs after the penalty has expired, the teams will revert back to 3 on 3 to continue play.
3. If no goals are scored during the overtime period, a shootout will commence to determine the winner.
1. The first round will consist of three (3) players (designated by each team at the start of the shootout) per team each taking one shot on net. The team with the most goals at the end of Round 1 will be declared the winner.
2. If still tied after the first round, the shootout will continue with rounds of one (1) shooter per team until on team scores and the other does not within a round.
3. Each team's players will make a shot attempt simultaneously.
4. Players may not shoot a second time until all other players have attempted a shot (or a third shot before all other players have attempted a second shot and so on).
5. The order in which the players shoot is at the team's discretion, however, the next round of shooters must be ready to go as soon as each round ends. The order in which all the team's players shoot remains the same each time through the roster of the team.
6. Players still serving an infraction at the end of overtime are not permitted to participate in the shootout. The exception will be if the player in the box is serving penalty time for another player or a team infraction (bench minor or a player that has been ejected for example).