2016 WOGHL Annual General Meeting
Wednesday June 1st, 2016 @ 7pm
Strathroy Gemini Sportsplex
667 Adair Blvd, Strathroy, ON
Amendments are being accepted for voting.
Current constitution amendments submitted.
TO: WOGHL Executive
RE: Submission of Motion for Annual General Meeting
TOPIC: Scheduling Procedures for regular season
The Minor Hockey Association of Lambeth (“MHAL”) submits
2 motions for WOGHL to consider.
Motion #1 – Regular League Scheduling
· Teams in each division (novice to midget) are scheduled to play each other once per regular season.
· Approximately 18 weeks to play 16-22 teams in a division
· Number of teams pre-determined by WOGHL following the August 31st Intent to Register submissions.
· Each Association will be asked to submit ice times based on the number of teams that are registered, per division. This will have to be managed and communicated to each Association as the season starts with tight deadline to adhere to.
· Play offs will continue as they have in the past – groupings based on final points in the season – with the idea being that the top teams playing each other, middle teams playing, etc.
Motion #2 – Scheduler position
In addition to the above, MHAL also motions for:
· WOGHL to hire and pay a Scheduling Coordinator to schedule all games from novice to midget
o this will require all member associations to submit available home ice for each division to the Scheduler so he/she can allocate game times
o this will eliminate the need for a September & November scheduling meeting, saving costs (and associated complexities) to be redirected to the fee of the Scheduler.
o The cost of schedulers in London ranges from $1800-2000 per hockey season, this also includes metrics and data analysis provided to the WOGHL Executive & Membership.
· Scheduler will enter games into the OneDB as per WOGHL’s practice as well as release to each Association for their designated officials to enter into their calendars.
o This can be done via each Association Convenor
· Once released, any changes to the schedule must be approved by both teams and sent to the Scheduler for final approval.
Reasoning behind this motion:
· Create a fair and unbiased season of hockey which will allow good teams to prosper and developing teams to continue to develop without being stuck playing stronger teams all year;
· Alleviate the workload of current WOGHL executive especially during scheduling and play-off time
· By hiring a scheduler, WOGHL can set for expectations in a contract and ensure requirements are fulfilled in an official capacity. This should create metrics and data to be provided on a regular basis, which will allow future development of the WOGHL association.
What this means for Associations:
· Less frustration in trying to schedule league games throughout the season
· Expanding the game to more teams, more opportunities and more diversity within the league
· Some additional work/discussion regarding tournament weekends and not being scheduled games.
Lambeth Minor Hockey Association
(Kelly Stewart / Paul Van Eyk – Girl’s Representatives)